Monday, January 25, 2010

9 days!

AH I can't believe I only have 9 days left until I get to see my hubby!!! It feels like it's not really happening! I can not wait to see him again! He graduates from his Basic Training on February 4th at 10:30am! I am driving down to Fort Knox on the 3rd. and coming back on the 5th. I wish I could drive Kendall down to Fort Gordon for his AIT but he has to fly. A bit of a bummer, but with everything it will save us money, so I guess that's a good thing! I need every penny I can get ha.
Here's an update on moving: Tomorrow me and my dad are going to begin our drive down to Georgia :) We are going to do half the trip tomorrow and the other half on Wednesday since it's a good 12 hour drive! I'm really excited not only to see the places that could potentially be where i live soon, but we get to visit friends of the family as we go down there! that will be really fun. Right now my list of potential places is like 20 places! my dad is going to call the Augusta Police Dept. to see if they think those areas would be safe for me to live in. and then I begin the phone calls! It still feels unreal that I might be living in Georgia in a few weeks.... i've never lived out of central Illinois. But it will be good. I trust that God has a plan and that he will provide all that I need.
Last night's Fuel (a college ministry that I attend here in Btown) was really good! Brandon spoke about Jonah and how God actively pursues us. And when he does we have a choice to follow him or to run. and that we are all runners in one aspect of our life or another. It was a really good sermon and the worship was great! I LOVE worship so i'm a little biased. :) I'm hoping there will be something like Fuel down in augusta that Kendall and I can attend.
So totally unrelated. I would like to introduce you to Yessenia. Yessenia is my compassion child. :) In spring 2008 me, my mom, my sister, and two hearts ladies went down to El Salvador on a trip with something called Compassion. Compassion is a program where you can sponsor a child. When we went on this trip it was incredible to see the way people have to live, but also the joy that Christ has brought to these children! To hear a little more about our trip and what compassion does you can read about it at my mom's blog. But this is my compassion child Yessenia.

Yessenia lives in El Salvador. her birthday is December 20th! just like me! I began sponsoring her during our trip. She was 3 years old at the time. She is now 5 :) She is going to be attending school soon! She also has an older brother who has also been sponsored. I got to meet Yessenia, her brother, and her mom. :) It was such a great time together!
Well I will write more soon! Keep you updated on my adventure in Georgia with my dad :)

Have a great day!
Erica Gilliam

No comments:

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips