Friday, September 10, 2010

A Day at a State Park

Today, Kendall and I went to Colorado Bend State Park here in Texas. It was a little over an hour of a drive and it was gorgeous!! They had a waterfall call Gorman Falls. We had to hike a mile and half to get to this really pretty waterfall (so altogether a 3 mile walk there and back). The entire hike was mostly in the sun which wasn't too bad when we were walking downhill on the first mile and a half... However, when you have to go back up the hill and only have hot water with you its a lot harder.

I did realize the importance of working out though. About 2 months ago Kendall and I went hiking in Austin, TX and altogether it was probably about a mile at the most, not too bad. however I was really struggling on the way back up. About a month ago I started working out regularly which has made so many differences in my energy levels! One of the differences was today. The way back was really hard for me, but i went a lot farther than I had in the past.

If I didn't work out, I wouldn't have been able to make it to see this gorgeous waterfall!! So Here are some pictures so you can enjoy this, however if you are in this area ever, you should just go see it yourself.


This is Gorman Falls!

The View on the way down the hill

a lone flower on the trail

What most of trail looked like

On the way there I saw a turtle in the road, luckily I caught it so that I didn't hit it. We then stopped the car and took the turtle off the road so that he didn't get hit by a car :)

Overall it was a really good day! Hope everyone else had a great day as well.
Erica

Also, my hubby just started his own blog that he is going to keep while he's in Iraq, so you should check that out HERE

1 comment:

Claire said...

That waterfall is gorgeous!! I still check your blog regularly & keep up with it! It's nice to read about how your life is going! :)
We definitely need to plan our scrap night when you're back!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips