Saturday, February 19, 2011

A day of beginnings

So today I learned a few things about myself and how to be successful over the next few weeks. This morning I woke up around 8 (set my alarm for 7:30... hit snooze for 30 minutes. OOPS) As I was enjoying my morning off work I began realizing how tired my body was from yesterday's workouts. Yesterday I ran 2 miles in the morning and took a kick boxing class at night, busy day! I so badly wanted to just stay in bed and NOT run today. Some things that went through my head were:

'I can always run tomorrow.' 'I had a great workout yesterday, no need to do it again today.' 'But i'm le tired.' 'No one will ever know if I don't run today.'

All of those were words from the Devil trying to push me away from what I am working on. That's one of the hardest things about this journey... He is always trying to discourage me and distract me. I need to listen to the Lord's truths that I can do this and he will always be with me. One of my favorite verses (Joshua 1:9) says, "This is my command- Be STRONG and COURAGEOUS! do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you WHEREVER you go."

I absolutely love the truth in that verse. For me, sometimes that is a physical location. We move a lot with the Army, so something I need to remember he is with me in Illinois and in Georgia and in Texas. But sometimes I think that is also a journey you go on. Right now I am on this journey to finding new beginnings, new habits, and new truths. He is holding my hand through the entire thing.

This morning I ran for 20 minutes. My body was exhausted from yesterday and all I wanted to do the entire time was walk, but i didn't! Yes, I only jogged today, but that slower pace is what allowed me to be able to do this in the first place. Sometimes it's not about how quickly you do something, or how you do it in general, it's just that you do it! I'm not going to always run this slow pace, but for today it was all I had. And that is okay!

Today I begin reading Made to Crave, which I am very excited about! I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow!

OH! and i forgot one item on my list from yesterday:
9. Get into the Word daily.
You can see how much a habit that one is.... I didn't even remember to put it on the list! :-/


What are some habits that you want to begin working towards?

Erica

No comments:

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips