Saturday, May 28, 2011

My new ride!

So I recently purchased a new bike that I have been riding in place of driving, mostly just to save gas (although the workout aspect is pretty sweet too!)






I even wear my helmet each time i ride! Which is a total first because in the past I would never wear a helmet. But i very much enjoy the safety and assurance knowing I have a bit more protection. As of right now I have ridden a total of about 80 miles in the last 2 weeks and I have already saved almost 5 gallons of gas simply from riding my bike. My goal this month is to only have to fill up my gas tank once!

Another thing I am really beginning to appreciate is the beauties I see from waking up at 5 am everyday for work. I get to experience a world that I previously had rarely seen. Since I work at 6am several days a week I have to get up at about 4:45 am. Although many feel this is incredibly early (and it is!) I am very used to getting up at this time. I absolutely love the opportunity I get each day to see the paintings the Lord provides for us! Here are a few examples:
























Now I know these aren't the best quality images or anything as they were taken on my phone, but I do feel that they can capture a bit of those moments in the early morning. However, I really do recommend trying it a few times. Allow yourself to get up about 5:20-5:30 and sit outside on a nice morning with a cup of tea (or coffee) and just revel in the Lords blessings and beauty.

Erica

1 comment:

Debbie Apps said...

Well Said! Just to have the opportunity to sit and "be still" is the privilege to "listen and be aware of His Blessings".

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips