Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My very first couponing Money-Maker!!


So today I went couponing at Walgreens and actually MADE MONEY from one of the transactions!! It was pretty exciting because it was my first time couponing on my own, so i was a little nervous going into it. However, it ended up being very successful and I wanted to share it with all of you :)

So here is what I bought today:



By mixing manufacturer's coupons with store coupons as well as coupons with store promotions I was able to make out with some great deals! Altogether today I paid $6.71!!! for all the stuff above! Here's how I did it!

I broke everything into 3 purchases so I could use the coupons most effectively.

TRANSACTION #1: Colgate toothpaste
In the walgreen add it showed that if you buy this toothpaste for $4.99 you will get $4 in register rewards (money to use at walgreens). So it's like you paid only $0.99. However, I had a coupon for $1.50 off that same toothpaste! So:

Original Price: $5.49
Sale Price: $4.99
- $1.50 with the coupon
Price I paid: $3.14

THEN: $4 register rewards
Ultimate Price: -$0.86

I MADE $0.86 just by purchasing toothpaste!


TRANSACTION #2: Dial Body Wash
In the same add it showed Dial body wash on sale for $3.99 and you will get $3 in register rewards. I also had a coupon for $1 off 2 of those soaps.

Original Price: around $5.00
Sale Price: $3.99
-$1.00 off 2
-$4.00 register rewards from prior purchase
Price I paid: $ 3.47

THEN: $3 register rewards
Ultimate Price: $0.47 for 2


TRANSACTION #3: Dawn, baking soda, salt
Since I had those $3 register rewards I wanted to use from the previous purchase I chose to get items around that price: Here is what I got:

Dawn:
Original Price: $1.99
Store Coupon Price: $0.99 (in Sunday's Walgreen's ad)
-$0.50 manufacturer's coupon
FINAL PRICE: $0.49

Baking Soda:
Original Price: 2/$2.00
Store Coupon Price: 2/$1.00 (Sunday's ad)
FINAL PRICE: $0.50 ea.

Salt:
Original Price: 2/$2.00
Store Coupon Price: 2/$1.00 (Sunday's ad)
FINAL PRICE: $0.50 ea.

SO:
$0.49 dawn
$1 baking Soda
$1 salt
Total: $2.49
- $3 register rewards

FINAL PRICE: $0.00

I would have to say that today was really successful! and now I don't need to buy body wash, baking soda, OR salt for a little while!! can't wait to see what my next great purchase is.

What kind of couponing deals have you gotten?

No comments:

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips