Sunday, September 4, 2011

We love to cook!

Kendall and I have always loved cooking together! We always want to make new things and we love to make things completely from scratch. Dinner is usually the meal that we really go all out for. It is not uncommon for us to make a really nice meal, typically containing pasta of some kind, and we will sit down and enjoy what we have just made.

That always make the day worth it, sitting down with the man I love, eating food that we prepared together. Already this week we have made 2 big meals! I almost forgot to take pictures of the first meal (I was just so excited!), but Kendall reminded me that I may want to blog about it! haha. I love him!


Meal #1: Asparagus with fresh salad and cheesy garlic bread.

We cooked the Asparagus on the stove with a little butter and oil and some miscellaneous spices. He then covered it to allow it to cook in the steam.

Next we took the homemade bread I prepared (see yesterday's post) and cut a few slices. I then shredded fresh mozzarella cheese and took some fresh dried basil and fresh cut garlic and added that to the top. I put them on my stone and placed them in the oven at 400 until the cheese was melted (If you want soft bread, place on a stone or cookie sheet, If you want crispier bread, place them directly on the rack)

Finally, we made a homemade salad. we took organic romaine salad and cut up some fresh strawberries, shredded some fresh gouda cheese, cut some fresh tomatoes and topped it with a red wine vinaigrette. It was excellent!






Meal #2: Homemade alfredo sauce on whole wheat spaghetti

First I made the Alfredo sauce (One of the easiest recipes to make!!).

This will make enough for 2 people, you can double it for more. I took 4T of organic butter, 1/2 cup of heavy cream and 6T of parmesan cheese. Keep the temperature on low because you don't want it to boil, you just want everything to slowly melt into each other and thicken a bit. I then added 3 small cloves of garlic, some freshly dried basil, and salt and pepper for taste.

I then cooked the pasta as you normally would. I spooned the sauce on top of the pasta and topped with a little tomato and 2 fresh basil leaves from my garden. :) Favoloso



Photobucket

No comments:

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips