Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Easy homemade Macaroni and Cheese

I am always on Pinterest looking for new recipes, crafts, decoration ideas, etc...  Each week, before I go grocery shopping, I will go into my dinner pin board and see what I want to make that specific week.  When I saw this recipe for homemade Macaroni and Cheese, I knew I HAD to try it! The recipe I followed was posted on Revolutionary Mac & Cheesecake's blog (however, I believe she got it somewhere else).

I am always looking for new ways to make staple foods completely from scratch! This was definitely a great find.  Although, I will tell you right now, if you want it to taste like that lovely box, you will be wildly disappointed.  However, this is a FANTASTIC dinner substitute.  It's very filling!

OH! and did I mention this is a very easy recipe!

Homemade Macaroni and Cheese 

Ingredients: 
2 cups of shell pasta 
2 cups of milk (2% or whole) 
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese 
1 spoonful of dijon mustard (If you want) 


Step 1: Take 2 cups of shell pasta and cover it with 2 cups of high fat milk.  (I used Whole milk, but you can also use 2% milk.) 
NOTE: Make sure that you stir frequently as it gets hotter, you don't want the milk to burn. 

Step 2: You will know milk and pasta are ready when it becomes very creamy (See above: this takes about 20 mintues) 


Step 3: Put 1 cup of freshly shredded cheddar cheese and cover


Step 4: Mix thoroughly once melted. You can also add about a small spoonful of dijon mustard if you want. Although I don't feel it's absolutely necessary.


Step 5: Serve immediately! (If this sits for too long the cheese won't be nice and creamy.) 
And as always, Enjoy! We enjoyed this meal alongside some Amazing homemade buttermilk biscuits

What are some of your favorite foods with Macaroni and Cheese? 

Photobucket

No comments:

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips