Monday, July 8, 2013

Peanut Butter, Date Granola Bar

I am always looking for new clean recipes for things that I enjoy looking for at the store.  This morning I was beginning to make these yummy raw "brownies" that I love to make and instead I decided to change it up and create a granola bar instead.  I wanted to add foods that I love together and make a healthy and clean substitute for a daily staple.  I've never made homemade granola bars before, so this was definitely a much needed venture!

Ingredients:
3/4 C Dates
1/2 C Cashews
1/4 C All natural or Organic Peanut Butter (Look for the least amount of ingredients possible)
1/4 C Honey or Agave  (I used locally collected honey)
1 Tbs Raw Organic Cacao Nibs (Optional)
1 1/2 C Organic Oats





Step 1: Put the Dates and Cashews in a food processor. I used my baby bullet for this. Process them until they form a sticky "dough". They can still have a few chunks if you want.



































Step 2: Put the Date/Cashew mixture, oats, and Cacao Nibs together in a bowl.

Step 3: Heat the Peanut Butter and Honey on the stove just until thoroughly combined.

Step 4: Add Peanut Butter/Honey to the bowl. Mix everything together until combined.

Step 5: Line an 8x8 pan with Parchment Paper and put the mixture into the pan. Press down firmly and spread evenly over the pan. This may take some convincing if it's a little sticky.

Step 6: Place in the fridge until set and no longer sticky (about 20 minutes). Once set, cut up and enjoy! I stored mine a tupperware in the fridge.  I layered them with parchment paper so that they are easy to separate later.





























Enjoy!

These are seriously better than the ones I get from the store. I definitely prefer these to what I typically buy. There is just something about knowing what they are made of and just the taste of completely fresh!


No comments:

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips